As some of you may know, I recently gave a family four pack of tickets to visit the Day Out With Thomas tour at Strasburg Rail Road away to one lucky winner. Well, along with hosting the giveaway, we were also asked to visit Thomas at Strasburg and tell my lovely readers all about the awesome time that we had.
What I love most about the Day Out with Thomas: Thrill of the Ride Tour is that you not only get to ride the train, but there's also tons of fun activities included too. This year the included activities were:
- A 25-minute ride with Thomas the Tank Engine
- A 25 minute ride with Percy
- Pictures with Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway
- Thomas & Friends Imagination Station featuring stamps, temporary tattoos, hands-on arts & crafts, train tables and coloring sheets
- Thomas & Friends video viewing and storytelling
- Fun extras including rides aboard Strasburg Rail Road’s vintage Pump Cars, hand-propelled Cranky Cars, a Pint-Sized Pufferbelly train
I think our favorite part of our visit was the Percy ride. We got to sit in an open train car and enjoy all the country air as we chugged along. There was even a time when Thomas was riding on the track right along side us that my boys thought was pretty cool.
Unfortunately the weather wasn't that great the day we visited so we didn't enjoy as many of the outdoor activities as we usually do, but the bonus train ride definitely made up for it! Overall, we had a blast, as we knew we would, and I would definitely recommend visiting the tour if you have little ones.
Thomas and Percy have moved on from Strasburg Rail Road to their next stop on the tour but we can't wait until their next visit. Want to see if the Day Out with Thomas: Thrill of the Ride Tour is coming to a city near you? Check out TicketWeb for more details.
Disclosure: I am being provided with complimentary tickets to attend Day Out with Thomas at Strasburg Rail Road. No other compensation is being provided. All opinions are my own.